Thursday, January 29, 2009

Are peace and non-violence outdated concepts?

Today we had debate in the college (29th Jan 09) on a vintage topic "are peace and non-violence outdated concepts?" I did not participate because my bus goes at 5pm and my turn was supposed to come at 6. Nonetheless I heard the views of many people before leaving. Almost all favored the topic. Cool! While returning, I was pondering on the topic as I didn't have time to issue my book from library!

Many times on my way back home, I have seen people involved in verbal duals. With their vehicles parked on the road, blocking the traffic behind and issuing abuses to each other. Sometimes even resorting to fisticuffs. And I wonder, how the ugly scene could have been avoided if either of the them had guts to smile and say "sorry" to the other when they bumped into each other. A smile is a curve that straightens up many problems and prevents violence.

Why do you have to shed blood when things can be sorted just by applying a pinch of gray matter? If you have got enough blood then go and donate it… and let someone else gain life.

1 comment:

Glad to hear from you!